Submit your posters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster Presentations are due by 5:00 PM, MARCH 17th, 2020
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
1. Fellows-in-Training All current West Virginia fellows in a cardiology training program are invited to present their research (past or present) and/or a case report during the poster session, scheduled for Saturday, April 18th. Eligible posters may present recent data, case study or information that has been presented previously at a local or national meeting.
2. Internal Medicine Residents All current West Virginia internal medicine residents are invited to present a cardiovascular case report and/or original research during the poster session, scheduled for Saturday, April 18th.
3. CV Team Members All current West Virginia-ACC CV Team Members (RN, NP, CNS, PA, PharmD) are invited to present their research (past or present) and/or original research during the poster session, scheduled for Saturday, April 18th. Eligible posters may present recent data or information that has been presented previously at a local or national meeting.
GUIDELINES FOR CASE REPORT SUBMISSIONS (Fellows & Residents)
If you choose to submit a case study, here are some guidelines: 1. Case reports should be of a rare, unusual, or unexpected finding in a patient; 2. The diagnosis should be known or the workup as complete as possible (all evidence as to the diagnosis should be included); 3. There should be a brief review of the literature including numbers of patients with similar findings/outcomes, risk factors, how it has been evaluated/treated, and outcomes where known; 4. The case should include as much follow-up as is available; 5. Pathology slides and supporting evidence should be included. Here is a good reference for putting together a case report.
The accepted abstracts will be presented as posters and judged at the poster presentation on Saturday, April 18th. Winners will be announced at the end of the meeting.
Research: First place – $350; Second place – $250
Cases: First place – $100; Second place – $75
Cardiovascular case report
First place – $100; Second place – $75
3. CV Team Members (RN, NP, CNS, PA, PharmD)
Research – one winner – $150
DAY OF THE MEETING
To prepare your abstract for the poster presentation, please note that you will have available to you a 36″x 48″ board to which to adhere your presentation material. Please bring pushpins to affix your material. Please stand by your posters to answer questions.
*** You are responsible for bringing your own pushpins or clips***
* Download the abstract template here
* Complete the abstract template and upload as indicated in the application form.
* Only one abstract may be submitted per person.
* Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author to be present on April 18th if his/her poster is accepted. If the author is unable to attend, the poster will not be permitted to be presented.
Apply Now TO BE PART OF THE POSTER COMPETITION
Use promo code “MyFACC” to waive the $150 application fee! Remember: Dues to not increase when you upgrade your membership to FACC. Apply NOW
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – Lifetime Achievement AwardNominate a West Virginia-ACC Member The West Virginia-ACC Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a West Virginia-ACC member who has had a lifetime of dedication to excellence in cardiovascular medicine. The award is recognized with a plaque and overnight hotel accommodations at the Embassy Suites, Charleston WV (if from outside of…
Compete to win in the WV-ACC Poster Competition on April 18th, 2020. Abstracts are due March 17th, 2020.
CMS Releases Final 2019 Physician Fee Schedule On Nov. 1, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the final 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) rule, addressing Medicare payment rates and policy provisions for physicians in 2019. Per the final ruling, physicians will see a 0.1 percent conversion factor payment increase on…
Acknowledge National Hospice and Palliative Care Month This November Join the ACC in recognizing National Hospice and Palliative Care Month this November to raise awareness about how important hospice and palliative care is to all ages. To help these patients know what to expect and better understand their health, ACC’s CardioSmart team created a palliative…